Job Title: Associate Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Contract Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Requisition ID: R0000226057
Career Area: Digital
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
The Software Engineer contributes to the development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital applications.
Job Related Statistics:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work independently in a platform or application team on programming and development assignments in the cloud or Proof of Concept on innovative ideas and/or technologies.
- Learn new technology or tools and apply them to improve the engineering process.
- Contribute to platform or application development, testing, and support.
- Position requires a four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Must be able to program in one of the languages Java/J2EE.
- Must have good UI skills.
- Must be able to use relational and No-SQL databases.
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Must have good communication skills and be a quick learner.
Nice To Have:
- Good knowledge of Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, and Big Data concepts.
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure cloud native tools.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).