Googles software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. Were looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing models, Risk Service and Tools that are used for scanning payment related actions, user onboarding, instrument addition, transactions, and more.
Google is passionate about organizing the world s information and making it universally accessible and useful. As more Internet users come online around the world, we aim to address the needs of people in developing countries, including India, Indonesia and the Philippines. The needs and computing paradigm of these users are uniquely differentiated and we look forward to providing them with the best products and services to suit their growing digital lives.
As part of this effort, you will work closely with engineering teams around the world to build great products and features.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with applied Machine Learning, data science, and statistics.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, providing technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Design systems and components.
- Set up or improve test/monitoring infrastructure or processes to ensure code health and system scalability, and contribute to documentation.
- Debug, track, and resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on infrastructure.
- Write testable code and test cases to ensure coverage of critical components, review code developed by other engineers, and provide feedback to ensure best practices.