Finance BPE – C&C
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As an Accounting Controller, you will co-own the Financial statements Integrity of the ORU/ORUs you are responsible for along with the Business Partner. As an expert on the Accounting topics for the ORUs in scope, you are responsible to ensure accounting integrity through a) Review of Financial statement and monitoring b) Take decisions on Accounting policy questions and advice business on Accounting Topics c) Pro-actively manage risk in Financial statements d) Process audit and ICS Oversight d) Provide leadership to the AS Team based out of Chennai /Suzhou for the ORUs in scope
- Takes responsibility with the Business Partner(s) (BP) over the integrity of financial and management reporting, and work to proactively advise the BP on the impact of accounting standards on different business scenarios.
- Interacts closely with the business to proactively advise on accounting requirements for business events in order to drive better business decisions by making early determinations on the impact of accounting guidance.
- Proactively identifies risks to the financial processes, and works with stakeholders inside and outside of Finance to address identified risks and financial process issues.
- Determines accounting treatment for events and transactions of a complex, unique, and/or judgmental accounting nature, as well as to apply new/revised accounting policies in consultation with Technical Accounting and Oversight (TA&O).
- Required to review the trial balance (TB) and closing topics (Pre-MEC) in the monthly process, and lead the risk based Financial Reporting Review (FRR).
- Proactively monitors the BSARs, MEC and Finance and ICS audits. This includes working across finance and non-finance teams to address and close issues timely, review account documentation, and ensure reporting timelines are met.
- As the main point of contact for the business over the RTR processes, responsible to collaborate with the BP to ensure business requirements are captured and that stakeholders are updated on the status of KPIs and on resolution of accounting and process issues.
- Leads resolution of RTR issues, and will coordinate both RTR (AS, Global Hub, other AccOps pillars and Infosys) and with non-RTR counterparts (e.g. BP, Supply Chain, Purchasing, HR, etc.) to drive resolution of issues and to build stronger processes.
- Builds knowledge over business requirements, financial accounting processes and the underlying Market/BG processes within the Finance and non-Finance community, and keep the organization updated on business developments relevant to accounting processes and accounting integrity.
- Manages processes using LEAN tools, and use LEAN methods to address process issues and problems to address root causes and not just address the symptoms
Key Performance Indicators
- Operational KPI’s (MEC Performance Index, BSAR Quality Index)
- Internal control issues and audit issues
- Accounting incidentals and corrections
- Annual cost targets and productivity improvements
- Harmonization objectives
- Stakeholder management indicators
You are a part of
You will be part of Philips Domestic Appliances Finance RTR organization. You will report functionally to the Finance BP/ HOF / RTR Lead and work closely with the Global Finance teams and the 3rd party service providers
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree in Finance or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of progressive work experience in area of Record2Report with focus on Accounting Controls.
- Experience in handling big 4 Audit in Multi location large Multi-national organizations
- Ability to work with Cross functional teams and influence colleagues outside own process domain to achieve timely completion of Statutory reporting
- SAP knowledge (FI, CO module)
- Effective listening and communication skills highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and hands on attitude, goal oriented and perseverant.
- Team oriented and process driven.
- Fluent communication skills in English (both oral and written) is required (Local language skills may be required depending on country of hiring).
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.